Bark Cookies are one of my favorite Christmas cookie. When I do a search for "bark cookies" on the Internet, I can not find the recipe I use. This is one I got from a family friend and now I'm sharing it with you for the holidays!
You will need:
13x9 cookie sheet
Saltines (about 1 sleeve per batch)
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 (12 oz) pkg of chocolate chips
Toppings of your choice
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and cover with saltines side by side. Do not overlap.
3. Melt butter, sugar and vanilla together in a pot.
4. Pour the mixture over the saltines and spread evenly.
5. Bake for 8 minutes at 350 degrees.
6. Pour the chocolate chips over the hot saltines and spread with the back of the sppon until the crackers are covered with melted chocolate.
7. Add toppings! Go crazy if you want. Add nuts, mini marshmallows, sprinkles, coconut, candies, more chocolate/peanut butter/butterscotch chips. You are only limited by your imagination.
8. Refridgerate until solid (at least an hour, overnight if poss.) and break apart into pieces.
ENJOY! HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU AND YOURS!