Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Interview with Author Madison Scott

Please welcome my guest author Madison Scott, a fellow LSB author and fellow Romance Writers Behaving Badly blogger!

• Tell me a little bit about yourself.

I’m happily married to with two little girls. I’ve always loved writing, but it wasn’t until about five years ago that I fell in love with romance and then erotic romance. I haven’t looked back since! I’m an obsessive reader. Like at least two books a week. I don’t know what I’d do without a book in my hand. LOL

• Do you use a pseudonym and if so, why?

I do. I enjoyed coming up with a new name!

• What genre do you write in? Why did you pick that genre?

Currently, only contemporary. I’d love to do a paranormal and have plans for one in the future. Contemporary has always been my first love though.

• What inspires you to write the type of stories that you write?

I just love the freedom it gives me and hopefully my readers. I want women to know its okay to be sexual, to enjoy sex. I think it’s such a “taboo” for women to have and enjoy sex. That’s not the case anymore and I think erotic romance helped with that.

• How would you describe your writing style? Plotter or pantser? Why?

A little of both and it depends on the book. LOL. How’s that for an answer? Some books I come up with a title and blurb first, others I don’t. I usually start with my characters, know their back story in my head and a few key scenes and then I just sit down and write.

• What is your favorite genre to READ?

Like I said, contemporary has always been my first love but lately, I’m becoming a paranormal girl. Most of the new books I buy have been paranormal.

• Do you have a specific place where you like to write?

When, during the day, is your most creative time? I wish! LOL. I stay home with my two girls so I just write when and where I can.

• Do you have critique partners or beta readers? Why?

I have a couple beta readers. I think it helps to get other perspectives.

• Who give you the most support along in your writing?

My writing friends. My family and hubby try, but they just don’t understand. I love them for trying though!

• Do you have another job (besides writing)? If so, what do you do?

Mom.

• What’s your take on the future of ebooks and epublishing?

I think it’s the future. It’s not going anywhere and I’m glad for that. It’s wonderful for readers and writers alike.

• Do you have a favorite quote -- yours or someone famous or even infamous?

It’s never too late to be what you might have been. I don’t even know who said it, but I love it. It’s never too late!

• What’s your favorite food?

• What’s your favorite movie? Why? The Notebook. I’m a sucker for a good romance.

• Do you have a favorite book or author?

I can’t pick just one. LOL. I love JR Ward, Jeaniene Frost (my current fav), Lacey Alexander to name a few.

• Tell me about your latest or upcoming release?
Bliss was released in November from Liquid Silver Books. It’s book two in the Malone Brother series. It’s a series about three, small town brothers who are workin’ men. I love writing blue collar heroes. Nothing sexier than work-roughened fingers on a woman’s body.

• Do you have any releases scheduled for 2010?

I just signed a contract for the first book in my Nanny Diaries series entitled, Wild.

• Where can readers find you on the web?

I’m still working on the website but I hang out on my personal blog, http://www.writermadisonscott.blogspot.com/ and my two group author blogs, http://www.romancewritersbehavingbadly.blogspot.com/ and http://www.threewickedwriters.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Amy J Ramsey said...

Thank you for interviewing Madison Scott. Now I have found another enticing author to add to my TBR pile. Thanks for sharing this and nice blog.

Amy Ramsey
Ramsey's Reviews
www.trinaogn.blogspot.com

Fedora said...

Hi, Madison and Jeanne! Lovely interview--it's always fun to learn a little more about the oh-so-cool authors of these fab books!