13 SEXY FOODS:
We all love to eat. Well, how about eating to "love?" Here's a list of "sexy" foods or foods considered aphrodisiacs:
1. Figs - Known as a food fit only for the gods and goddesses, figs are high in amino acids and improve sexual stamina.
2. Bananas - Packed with bromelain enzymes, potassium and riboflavin, eating one banana a day is guaranteed to keep you energized. And the shape is phallic! LOL!
3. Garlic - Perhaps known more as a "turn off" than a "turn on," garlic is actually a very effective aphrodisiac. Garlic contains a potent ingredient called Allicin that increases blood flow and libido.
4. Raw Oysters - This is one of the most popular and well-known "sexy" foods on the aphrodisiac list. High in Zinc, which increases sperm and testosterone production, oysters also contain a hormone called dopamine, which increases libido.
5. Eggs - Rich in B6 and B5, both crucial for libido and balanced hormone levels.
6. Avocados - Avocado trees were referred to as "testicle trees" by the ancient Aztecs, and rightfully so. Moreover, avocados are bursting with folic acid, a type of vitamin B that helps turn protein into energy, and potassium that helps boost men and women's libidos.
7. Asparagus - Loaded with vitamin E, a key nutrient for a healthy sex life and treating impotence.
8. Chili - Spice up your night and get a good hit of vitamin C at the same time.
9. Chocolate - Eating dark chocolate immediately produces a chemical called phenylethylamine, which is believed to produce the feeling of "being in love."
10. Almonds - Both the smell and nutrient make-up of almonds make these crunchy morsels a "must eat" on Valentines Day. Full of essential fatty acids, they are particularly important for male hormone production.
11. Strawberries - An excellent source of folic acid, a B vitamin that helps ward off birth defects in women and may be tied to high sperm counts in men.
12. Arugula - heralded as an arousal aid since the first century.
Today, research reveals that the trace minerals and antioxidants packed into dark, leafy greens are essential for our sexual health because they help block absorption of some of the environmental contaminants thought to negatively impacting our libido.
13. Alcohol - A drink or two can help you relax and help lower your inhibitions. In moderation alcohol helps raise HDL cholesterol (the "good" kind) while reducing your chance of blood clots. For a nonalcoholic substitution with similar health benefits, try a deeply colored 100% fruit juice like pomegranate or Concord grape juice. These antioxidant-packed juices can improve sperm quality and aid fertility.
So what is YOUR favorite "sexy" food?
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!
Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!View More Thursday Thirteen Participants