Please welcome my guest author Marie Rochelle who has a current release with Red Rose Publishing!
• Tell me a little bit about yourself. First, I want to thank you for interviewing me today. I’m Marie Rochelle and I’ve been writing interracial romances for a little over five years now. My first book was Taken by Storm.
• Do you use a pseudonym and if so, why? Yes, I use a pen name. I just think it works best for me. I love the freedom it gives to me when I write about my characters.
• What genre do you write in? Why did you pick that genre? I write interracial romances. I’ve always loved interracial relationships and thought it would be a wonderful topic to write about.
• What inspires you to write the type of stories that you write? My alpha males inspire me to write the stories that I do. Just when I think I might be able to get a break from them and relax with a good book another male pops up in my head and demands I tell his story. (That’s why I’ve so many series. There is no way the Alpha male’s friend isn’t going to get his own HEA!)
• How would you describe your writing style? Plotter or pantser? Why? I think I’m more of a plotter because I like to have a little idea in my head where my story might go, but sometimes the hero or heroine can take it down a totally different road.
• What is your favorite genre to READ? I love to read all kinds of books, but I love the contemporary, interracial and romances books the most.
• Do you have a specific place where you like to write? When, during the day, is your most creative time? I love to write after Y&R goes off, it’s the one treat I do give myself in the mornings and then I head to my computer to write for a couple of hours until my hungry sets in and I’ve to find something to eat.
• What’s your typical writing day? I maybe write for five or six hours a day. Just depends on how much my characters are talking to me. Sometimes the hero has more to say than his woman, so I just go with it and enjoy what I’m doing that day.
• Do you have critique partners or beta readers? Why? I’ve critique partners because we work well together.
• Who give you the most support along in your writing? I’ve to say my family and my fans are my best support system.
• What’s your take on the future of ebooks and epublishing? I believe that ebooks and epublishing are going to become hotter and hotter in the future because of the ease ebooks give to fans.
• Do you have a favorite quote -- yours or someone famous or even infamous? If you don’t love yourself, how can you expect to love someone else.
• What’s your favorite food? I love pears w/ peanut butter. It’s my favorite snack in the world.
• What’s your favorite movie? Why? I love Imitation to Life.
• Do you have a favorite book or author? I enjoy so many authors, it’s hard to pick a favorite one
• Tell me about your latest or upcoming release? My current release is Love Play (sequel to Pamper Me). It’s from Red Rose Publishing. It involves Spencer and Nicey’s best friends Ben Forster and Rishelle Damian.
• Do you have any releases scheduled for 2010? I’ve several upcoming books. This month I’ve the print release of Desire and Lucky Charms in one book called Lucky Desire from Phaze Books. I also have So Much Better (Sequel to Desire) coming out from Phaze Books in March. In addition, The Men of CCD: Help Wanted (Keira Winters and Jim Russell) story in the final book of the series. I’m also working on the last books in the Tycoon Club Series and The Drace Brothers series, plus a few single titles.
• What’s your next project? I’m hoping to start another series this year and maybe outline a couple more single titles.
• Where can readers find you on the web? Readers can find me at several places on the web. Here’s my website: www.freewebs.com/irwriter/. My publishers: http://www.redrosepublishing.com/, http://www.phaze.com/, http://www.cobblestone-press.com/. Also readers can email me at email@example.com
Ben Forster always gets what he wants…..and without a doubt; he wants the sexy Rishelle Damian back in his life. But there’s one problem she hates him and doesn’t want anything to do with him. She has made that loud and clear time and time again.
Ben, however, can’t erase how good they were together from his mind or his heart. Since he is known as a man never to give up easily; he is going to work night and day to get Rishelle back into his life….
Rishelle Damian wasn’t about to give the guy who broke her heart another chance. Ben must be out of his mind. They haven’t seen each other in forever. What makes him think he is still even a thought in her mind? She’s about to tell him to go to hell….until Ben invites her to spend a month with him.