Thursday, January 21, 2010

13 Quotes I Really Like



13 QUOTES I LIKE:

Lately, I've been fascinated by quotes... Don't ask me why, so I decided to post some I like for my Thursday Thirteen today! Feel free to add any quotes you really like...

1. It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid "than" to open it and remove all doubt.

2. Laughing at our mistakes can lengthen our own life. Laughing at someone else’s can.... "shorten" it.

3. Never change yourself for.... "anyone." It's never worth it.

4. Giving up doesn't always mean we are weak. Sometimes it means that we are strong enough to let go.

5. The only time you really want to do anything is when you know you can't.

6. Run without a destination, and you'll finally see, what "freedom" can be.

7. "If you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best." ~ Marilyn Monroe

8. "Love is merely madness..." ~ William Shakespeare

9. True love doesn't have a happy ending; true love doesn't have an ending.

10. You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know "how" soon it will be too late.

11. Your mistakes make you who you are... you learn and grow with each choice you make. Everything is.... "worth it!"

12. Take risks: If you win, you will be happy; if you lose.... "you will be wise!"

13. On the keyboard of LIFE, always keep one finger on the.... "Escape" key.



The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!

Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!View More Thursday Thirteen Participants

7 comments:

Ella Drake said...

Oh, I love number 9. Great quotes, all.

Inez Kelley said...

I was quote happy on my blogs today too. It must be in the air!

Cherise Sinclair said...

Great quotes, Jeanne!

For mine -- Calvin Coolidge's quotes always get me. Here's one: "No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave."

Cherise

Elise Logan said...

Good quotes - thanks for sharing.

Debbie Fligelman said...

I LOVE quotes also. If you look at my website I have an entire page dedicated to them. And oddly enough my TT this week was quotes! Thanks for posting those, you can never have too much wisdom or humor from those that have gone before.

Alice Audrey said...

#2 is entirely too true.

Sasha Devlin said...

Consider some of these stolen for my quote book, espeically #7.

My TT is @ http://sashadevlin.wordpress.com/2010/01/21/13-albums-worth-listening-to-on-repeat/