Saturday, August 08, 2009

Love a man in uniform?


I always say that there is nothing like a man in uniform – I’m sure most ladies agree. I thought about this Memorial Day weekend when I was in New York City and it was “Fleet Week.” Amidst the crowds of people, who stood out the most? The men wearing sharp looking military uniforms (and I saw men, no women surprisingly, though I’m sure they were there). I think the reason why I like men in uniform so much is they appear to be “squared away.” Whether military or law enforcement, their uniforms are usually pressed and depending what they are doing, they may wear medals, etc.

The point of being “squared away” is to intimidate and to impress, to draw respect from the public. For example, a person is going to respect a police officer more if his appearance is neat: his duty belt polished, his uniform pressed, his hair trimmed neatly, his badge and/or nametag straight. It’s truly an officer safety issue.

By the way, I have the utmost respect for the men and women who serve our country either here on home soil or overseas, be it military or law enforcement. They truly help keep our great nation safe.

On more personal note, I have both my AA and my BS in Criminal Justice, I am an emergency dispatcher, and also have law enforcement training. In addition, my fiancé has been a State Trooper for over 12 years. So my life revolves around police.

If you can tell, I love all aspects of law enforcement. I love to write stories about law enforcement males because they are usually Alpha. And I love Alpha men, how about you?

Read about one of my favorite Alpha males, Mace Walker, an FBI agent in my upcoming release, Banged Up, coming September 21st from Liquid Silver Books. For updated information on me, Banged Up, or any other projects I am working on, please visit my website at http://www.jeannestjames.com/ or keep an eye on this blog.

1 comment:

Stephanie Adkins said...

I couldn't agree with you more, Jeanne! I LOVE a man in uniform! :)