Saturday, September 30, 2006

It's been awhile...


It's been awhile since I've posted. Above is one of my "headshots" I had taken recently. Pictured with me is my male German Shepherd, TimberLea's Barberry Jagger. Jagger is 9 1/2 yrs old and is one of 3 German Shepherds I have remaining from my former hobby of showing and breeding Shepherds. He's a great dog!

I have some great news for my short contemporary romance, LOVE CONFIDENTIAL (now titled "Banged Up"), it won:

FIRST PLACE in the RWA San Diego's Spring into Romance contest. The final judge was Jessica Alvarez with Silhouette!

It also won THIRD PLACE in the Central Ohio Fiction Writer's Ignite the Flame contest. The final judge for this contest was Wanda Ottewell with Harlequin.

Next week I will be heading off for the two-day romance writer's conference: New Jersey Romance Writer's Put Your Heart in a Book conference. It will be held Oct 6th and 7th.

No comments: